Sunday 8 May 2011

Detox Week

So, I found out a few months ago that my body is intolerant to quite a number of items. Though intolerances range from mild to severe, the ones that topped my "severe" list were as follows: Gluten, wheat, ALL dairy (including goat dairy), and  eggs (yolk and white). Some things on my "medium" list were: asparagus, spinach, bananas, peanuts and pineapples.

Though I get a lot of headaches, often related to sinuses, I never have had a lot of stomach issues that one might think would be associated with having these crazy intolerances. But then I started eliminating these foods through the week. (I don't often watch my diet as much on the weekend.)  When I do eat the foods I should. I just feel "ugh".

This weekend consisted of a lot of burgers, sandwiches, brownies, cereal, toast. Everything my body has decided it doesn't like. Boy is it taking its revenge on me!!! Sluggish, psoriasis and acne!!!! This afternoon after a lunch of sandwiches, I felt like a bloated sheep that got into the chicken feed and imploded. We were up at Scott's childhood home, so that's why I inserted the country/farm reference. (Side note: Don't google "bloated sheep" for pictures. Blech!)

So...I decided it was detox week. Here's the plan:

- No dairy
- No bread
- No eggs (or mayo)
- At least 4 big glasses of water a day
- Work out 4x - aiming for Monday (Vive), Tuesday (Pump), Wednesday (Circuit) & Saturday (Run).
- And when next weekend rolls around....try to lay off the burgers and sweets!






What are your goals and ambitions for the week?

2 comments:

  1. How did you find out about your intolerances? Did you have a blood screening done? The idea of having this done intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we could come up with some meals together!! I've been seeing a naturopathic doctor for the last several months because my intolerances (and hormones) have done quite the number on my body. I am currently avoiding gluten like the plague. And some other stuff to let my galbladder heal. Hope you can tackle it all!

    ReplyDelete