Thursday 14 April 2011

Our Story

...as told by Scott & I...

This was posted on our wedding website. A good keepsake.
http://www.projectwedding.com/ourwedding/scottlaura/

How We Met
Laura: Tell me how we met.
Scott: "I was working in the lab late one night..." just kidding.
Laura: No seriously. How did we meet?
Scott: Where do we begin?
Laura: My earliest memory is you playing basketball outside the church with a bunch of bible school students...
Scott: Yes dear, but that's not our story.
Laura: Fine you tell the story then.
Scott: Ok I will dictate - you type.
Scott: One day Laura had a great idea: a baseball team at Niagara Celebration Church. (You have to have a colon after idea, dear.)
Laura: I asked you to play because I remembered you being good at beach volleyball from our young adults camping trip.
Scott: I was on the team.
Laura: You showed up late for our first practice.
Scott: Were you watching for me?
Laura: Continue.
Scott: I was on the team. Laura was on the team.
Laura: I asked you to come for ice cream after our first game.
Scott: Was that our first game?
Laura: Yeah i think we lost. Ice cream was necessary.
Scott: So we went to Dairy Queen. The fix all.
Laura: Fix all?
Scott: It solves all your problems.
Laura: And I guess that's where it all began?
Scott: Seems that way. The next day Laura felt the need to email her apologies for talking so much.
Laura: I figured you thought I was crazy! Since you talked so little...
Scott: No. I just laughed.
Laura: And we've been laughing every since...
Scott: What does every since mean?
Laura: Shut up.
 
Proposal Story
Scott: Thanksgiving Day. On the couch at your house... I love popsicles. And that's really all I remember.
Laura: That's all you want to write?
Scott: Isn't that the story? Ok, maybe there's a little more to it than that.
Laura: It all started in the summer on a Saturday afternoon hanging out with my dad.
Scott: Oh yes, by the pool.
Laura: Dad decided that we should get married in May. Had we even talked about it yet?
Scott: Don't think so.
Laura: He figured if we waited any longer it would be too long a wait. Now that we are in the chaos of wedding planning, he was probably right. So then we started talking about reception venues.
Scott: And rings...
Laura: And wedding planners...
Scott: And then what?
Laura: We found the wedding planner, booked the reception venue, and bought the ring. Then we found out my dad thought it was necessary that you ask him for my hand in marriage...which I found odd considering that if he said "no" that he'd lose this $1000 deposit on the reception venue.
Scott: Ah yes, a Sunday afternoon truck ride with your dad back from the Golins.
Laura: Worked out well. Cuz we had picked up the ring that afternoon and I was pleading to wear it.
Scott: Exercises in patience, dear.
Laura: Technically it was my ring, I paid for it.
Scott: But I cut a fat cheque.
Laura: I know. I wanted the PC Grocery points on my credit card. I didn't have to wait to long though.
Scott: Not even 24 hours.
Laura: You would've lost your sanity with my relentless begging to have my ring.
Scott: Then came Thanksgiving Day. You wanted to watch Glee.
Laura: Glee is a fantastic show. But when you said not to turn the tv on...even if I muted it, I knew the conversation would be important.
Scott: It was time to talk about what we were thankful for. You went first.
Laura: I could tell where it was headed.
Scott: I should hope so. I don't remember what I said I was thankful for. But I was enjoying my popsicle and time with my girl.
Laura: Mmmm popsicles. We should have popsicles at the wedding.
Scott: Yes please. And while we were enjoying our popsicles, I shared what I was thankful for - one of the things being...you. And then...ohhh...and then...came the question...can I have another popsicle? I'm kidding. "Will you marry me?" You take it from here dear.
Laura: And I said..."Where's my ring?!?"
Scott: YOu said yes first.
Laura: But then I said "where's my ring!"
Scott: I had to go get it from the hiding spot in your room. And then you got your ring. And that's our story. Can we have a popsicle now?

1 comment:

  1. The funny thing is that the second line in this dialogue actually applies to my relationship. By the way, I am really enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete