Monday 10 October 2011

My 2011 Thankfulness List


Inspired, yet again, by friends who make the most incredible "thankfulness" lists, I've taken to completing my own for the year. When I started the tradition 3 years ago, it was with a "not thankful list" which, in my opinion, was quite witty. But given lack of time and brain energy, and a plethora of blessings in my life...here goes it:

1. Teapots

2. My husband's friends that make him laugh.

3. How a celebration of my grandmother's 85 years of life brought our entire family together this summer for the first time in many, many years.

4. Our Saturday night small group that stretches my thinking and inspires learning.

5. Plushy new carpet to sink my toes into for our basement that just might get installed one day.

6. A high school experience that even 10 years later, I can think fondly upon.
7. The unknown.

8. Generosity.

9. Our Guatemala trip -learning and being inspired by Fe Viva & House of Refuge.

10. Awesome & amazing roommates for the last 3 years...

11. ...Not having anymore roommates (for now).

12. Working at GoodLife and teaching Les Mills that ensures I ALWAYS get in at least one workout a week.

13. My job at Lowe's - for both providing me with a salary, and a place for me to spend it.

14. For friends and family who stretch my thinking and ground my ideas.
15. My cousins Sarah & Lori- despite distance and lack of communication, we still have the strong familiar bond of  family when we get together.

16. Fall gardens that get me excited about spring.

17. Discovering how much I love my house.

18. Living close to my parents.


20. Chicago, our kitten. 

21. The blogosphere and the blogs I follow -Your dedication brings inspiration and ideas as well as gives me a place to memorialize my own thoughts and opinions. 

22. Homegrown veggies.

23. That as long as my parents have a pool, we'll never need one.

24. Articles like "Eating Sacred Cows" that provide clarity and increase my faith.

25. My husband, who is an example of patience, knowledge and graciousness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment